1. An Unfinished Lip- dabb and dot your mouth in an expressionist pattern. It will look unfinished when viewed up close but completely gorgeous when seen from afar.
2. Angling For Attention- eyelids can be tricky to apply eyeliner on. A new trend we’ve seen on the runway is a few swishes to play up the lids valleys and peaks.
3. Epic Pale- usually fall sees a flood of dark lacquer tones, both jeweled and inky. The runway indicates a change in tonal allegiance with plenty of pale polish. Skin- flattering nudes put mannequin nails back on the map, while snow-drift whites with a hint of sparkle look completely cold weather appropriate.
So last night we went to an amazing event for Wella, Sebastian, and Nioxin. While we were checking everything out and mingling, I stumbled across the coolest thing ever. After watching several people have their scalp analyzed with a nio scope I decided to get in the hot seat! So what is a nio scope ? It’s a very cool tool that takes a picture of your scalp magnifyed 200x. Let me be the first to say I was curious as to what they would find. As of yesterday, I hadn’t washed my hair since last Wednesday. Needless to say the picture of my scalp showed my dry shampoo on my scalp lol. I had to use a ton before the show last night. One other interesting thing came up, it showed multiple hairs coming out of each follicle. Just goes to show you that the Grande shampoo really does thicken your hair. I could definitely feel the difference since using Grande, but it was nice to get confirmation with a nifty picture of my scalp. I wish we could buy a nio scope so we could show all of our guests what their scalps look like. Unfortunately the tool is not for sale. I have begged P&G to change their minds and sell the tool. Hopefully they will change their mind. In the meantime, everyone needs to get a scalp treatment. I saw some pretty scary stuff, scalp wise. They took before pics and after pics of the ladies who opted to get a treatment last night. What a difference 1 treatment makes. My recommendation- get a scalp renew and keep up with them. Clogged scalps look like there are bugs in there.
Hey there! Bombshell Beauty Lounge has their very own youtube channel. All of your styling questions answered with our how to videos. We also have fun videos to check out. We are not the average catty salon. We are one big happy family that loves our fun working environment. One of my favorite sayings is love what you do, do what you love. Our videos will leave you educated and give you laughter. We are always looking for ideas so if there is something you would like to know how to do and we don’t have a video on it, please request it. Our customers satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We live to make our guests happy.
When it comes to updos, please research the salon prior to making an appointment. Not every stylist is an updo extraordinaire.I myself cannot do one to save my life lol. Chances are you will be placed with a brand new stylist if you don’t book far in advance. Be sure to ask for references first. Every salon should have examples of their work. They can be easily emailed or check out the salons Facebook page for pictures of work they have done. At my salon we only allow the stylists who are confident and great do the updos. I also highly recommend getting your make up professionally done for the big night out. With special occasions, you don’t want to leave anything to chance. Not to mention the photos will turn out better and you will feel better about yourself.
You shouldn’t take an expired prescription. You don’t drink milk past the “use by” date. What about old makeup? How do we know when our makeup is expired? Formulas in makeup change as they age and there may be a build up of bacteria that could cause an infection. After you have opened up your product, there is a time limit on how long they are any good.
1. When you buy mascara, the box usually has an expiration date. Mascara tends to last 6-9 months.
2. Foundation can last from 6 months to one year. You may see streakiness and changes in color or texture as the formula breaks down and pigment separates from the rest of the product. If longer than two years, germs can buildup as the preservatives are less effective.
3. Cream eye shadows tend to stay fresh for about 9 months. Powdered eye shadow tends to last around 18-24 months.
4. Lipstick can last up to two years because it is oil based. Bacteria breeds more in water based products. After a year or two, the natural oils in lipstick can become rancid. If it smells or tastes strange, then toss it.
5. Moisturizer does go bad with time. If it is drying out, changing colors or smells funny it is time to toss it. Don’t use moisturizer that is over a year old.
6. Sunscreen lasts for about 6 months to one year. Over time, the effectiveness of the SPF will diminish. Also the active ingredients will separate and you will not get an even coverage when applied.
7. Makeup brushes carry germs and bacteria. It is important to wash your makeup brushes monthly.
8. Mineral makeup is as long lasting as any makeup product. However, it can still become contaminated if brushes are not cleaned timely and properly.
9. Anti-oxidant serums contain ingredients that do not last more than a year.
10. As a general rule: if your makeup smells, that’s a huge indicator hat you should not be using that product. Likewise, if the product has changed color or consistency, is cakey or has separated, then it’s time to toss it.
So I’m just going to put it out there, stylists do not make hourly wages or a salary. I could not think of what to write today until I reflected on the amount of no shows we have had recently. Stylists only make money while their chair has a client in it. The same goes for most owners, contrary to the belief the owners keep all the money. With the overhead of running a business and keeping inventory stocked, a beauty salon can be quite costly. I’m not sure why people make appointments and do not come, I would love comments on this. I thought I would write this to help educate the general public, so it could help people appreciate their stylists more. We have very demanding jobs, physical labor, offering therapy lol, and trying to please everyone can be very daunting. With that said I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. I love my job and my clients.
So ladies, I’ve been reading and studying fashion week. I am excited to share with you whats hot this fall season with clothes and shoes. So lets talk shoes! I love shoes, in fact I am some what of a shoe hoarder lol. Loafers are super cute this season! There are several different choices from Classic studded , Cute Slipper like, A touch of lace, The Girly Girl ( bow accented), and lets not forget Sequins. The fashion kicks you really need this season is wedge sneakers. They go perfect with leggings or skinny jeans. Most of the wedge sneakers I have seen consist of suede with a nice 3 inch wedge heel. Last but not least boots are still hot. Anything from buckles to lace up boots, booties or knee high they are still the rage for fall. And if you’re like me and cant wear heels of any kind there are plenty of flat boot choices thank God! If you’re thinking you need even more comfort Uggs are still popular too.
Clothing wise I am seeing a lot of sheer fabric and lace. Sheer dresses, skirts, and shirt are definitely the way to go if you want to have that runway look. The tough look is also in and one of my favorites. Leather vests paired with the perfect pair of skinny jeans and boots with buckles will have you looking edgy. Tweed is back! Such a timeless fabric and makes for the perfect jacket to complete any suit or skirt. Well there you have it, the top trends of the season. If you would like to view some of the items I mentioned, I highly recommend Victoria’s Secret. They sell clothes and shoes. I have gotten a lot of great shoes and clothes from there for myself. The sizes are comparable to Express.
With all this talk of government shut down, I would like to share some money saving tips. One of the great money savers we offer here is a Fiberceutic treatment. This treatment is a haircut in a bottle. So if your short on funds and want those split ends sealed, I would suggest getting the Fiberceutic. It’s a $30 treatment that will last 4 weeks and can last longer depending on how often you wash your hair. We also offer partial color retouches to camouflage the areas that are more noticeable. If you have gray hair, we have a spray concealer that we can match to your color that will make your hair look fresh and buy you more time. Have no fear, the great stylists of Bombshell Beauty Lounge are here to help and work with you.